Asphalt Superintendent - Kansas
Looking for a fun work environment that also challenges you to become better at what you do? Kansas Asphalt, Inc. is looking to hire an Asphalt Superintendent. Kansas Asphalt, Inc. is a construction management company dedicated to concrete, asphalt and paving solutions. This Asphalt Superintendent role is a challenging position that gives you a chance to work with knowledgeable colleagues while enjoying the fun and upbeat work culture that we have worked so hard to establish in this family-owned company with locations in 5 different states.
Kansas Asphalt, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kansas Asphalt, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Bucyrus, Kansas 66012
$80k-$125k salaried, depending on experience
- Minimum 8 years construction experience
- Minimum 5 years construction management experience
- Superintendents should be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Basic knowledge of software programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write reports and professional correspondence to vendors, government officials, and clients
- Good reading comprehension for technical documents, such as safety regulations, assembly and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Knowledge of construction budgeting best practices
- Good planning skills, including design execution, resource allocation and contingencies
- Understanding of construction equipment, including safe operating practices and signs of maintenance issues
- In-depth understanding of local, state and federal construction regulations
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective leadership abilities, like motivation, goal-setting and conflict management
- Organizational skills, including time management, delegation, prioritization and multitasking
A Kansas Asphalt, Inc. Asphalt Superintendent position offers:
- Highly competitive pay (based on experience and years)
- Full-time position
- Full benefits package (including medical, dental and vision), plus life insurance and long-term disability
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- 401K with employer match
- PTO, sick benefits and paid holidays
- Company Truck
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of a Kansas Asphalt, Inc. Asphalt Superintendent include:
- Managing the annual maintenance budget.
- Organizing and planning ground-maintenance activities.
- Communicating with suppliers and vendors.
- Dealing with maintenance problems.
- Working with tenants and their representatives.
- Managing the work schedule for ground-maintenance personnel.
- Being aware of changes in building technology and how they might affect building operations.
- Need to assume entire role of layout/perform of on-site pre-con meetings with customers.
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation
- Create cost estimates for labor, supplies, materials and other project costs
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers
- Create schedules for workers and subcontractors
- Hire additional subcontractors and assign work accordingly
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to management as necessary
- Make changes in the operation as necessary to best meet construction deadlines
- Implement management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient
- Performing surveys of lots including setting and shooting grades, including layout of grades for lots.
- Emphasis the importance keeping KAI vehicles well-maintained and respected
- Work closely with construction coordinator to communicate information from the field to the office
Are you interested in continuing a rewarding career in the asphalt/concrete industry? Please apply using the form below.
Questions? Reach out to our team at Kansas Asphalt Inc. about this unique Asphalt Superintendent job opportunity.
- Via email: Jewel Cash, email@example.com (please include your name and phone number) or Robert Cowan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via phone: Jewel Cash or Robert Cowan (Kansas office), 913-384-1010
Required to pass a drug screen and background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Are you interested in continuing your professional career as a valued member of Kansas Asphalt, Inc.? Please apply using the form below.